DPARSFA Error Related to Number of Parallel Workers

Hi,

I have been testing some of the features on DPARSFA V2.2PRE. When running on data from either 1 or 2 subjects using the options from "Calculate in MNI Space: TRADITIONAL Order", everything processes smoothly with parallel workers set at 0. However, when I set the parallel workers to 6 (on an 8 core machine), I get the following error:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Running DARTEL: Create Template.
Warning: Run spm_jobman('initcfg'); beforehand
> In spm_jobman at 107
In DPARSFA_run at 1412
In DPARSFA>pushbuttonRun_Callback at 1469
In gui_mainfcn at 96
In DPARSFA at 33

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Running job #1
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Running 'Run DARTEL (create Templates)'
Failed 'Run DARTEL (create Templates)'
Undefined function or method 'file2mat' for input arguments of type 'struct'.
In file "/Applications/REST_V1.8PRE_120905/rest_spm5_files/@file_array/subsref.m" (v315), function "subfun" at line 80.
In file "/Applications/REST_V1.8PRE_120905/rest_spm5_files/@file_array/subsref.m" (v315), function "subsref" at line 60.
In file "/Applications/REST_V1.8PRE_120905/rest_spm5_files/@nifti/subsref.m" (v253), function "rec" at line 219.
In file "/Applications/REST_V1.8PRE_120905/rest_spm5_files/@nifti/subsref.m" (v253), function "subsref" at line 45.
In file "/Applications/spm8/toolbox/DARTEL/spm_dartel_template.m" (v4064), function "spm_dartel_template" at line 99.

The following modules did not run:
Failed: Run DARTEL (create Templates)

??? Error using ==> cfg_util at 835
Job execution failed. The full log of this run can be found in MATLAB command window, starting
with the lines (look for the line showing the exact #job as displayed in this error message)
------------------
Running job #1
------------------
Error in ==> spm_jobman at 217
Error in ==> DPARSFA_run at 1412
Error in ==> DPARSFA>pushbuttonRun_Callback at 1469
Error in ==> gui_mainfcn at 96
Error in ==> DPARSFA at 33
??? Error while evaluating uicontrol Callback

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for making such a nice processing pipeline available. Just hoping to be able to use more of the parallel processing capability!

Jason Druzgal

I think you added with subfolders for installing REST.
Could you try to avoid add with subfolders but only add folder for installing REST.
Please have a try, and DARTEL - create template will not be parallel processed since it's not parallel across subjects.

Best,

Chao-Gan