How to check slice orders

Hi everyone, I need to check the exact slice order of my data, but the SPM instruction on this is vague. Any idea how to do this in SPM, REST or DPARSF?
Thanks!

1. The easiest way: ask who scanned the data, to get the exact slice order.

2. If 1 is not possible, at least make sure it's interleaved scanning or sequential scanning. Then can have a good guess on the slice order based on the scanner make (GE or SIEMENS). Come back here if you reached this stage.

3. For the SIEMENS DICOM file, possibly stored the information of slice order.

4. If the above ways failed, there are some people talking about some programs to guess the slice order on SPM's mail list. But I am not sure if that's accurate.

Good Luck!

Hi Chaogan,

Thanks a lot! I can't reach the experimenter directly, so I guessed about it. The scan protocol file tells me that it is an interleaved sequence on a Siemens machine, with 33 slices. I referred to some opinions online, they commerged on that the order should probably be 1 3 5...33 2 4 6...32. What do you think of it? 

Actually I was thinking that the exact order should be stored somewhere in the data file, which in my case are 4D Nifti files, so I asked about the method(s) to dig that out.  :)

Error | Forum of resting-state fMRI

Error

The website encountered an unexpected error. Please try again later.