REST-GCA

Hi there,
I've got a question regarding the granger causality analysis. I've got an fMRI block design where I get activations in two main language areas. I'm now interested to test whether region A exerts influence on region B or whether region B exerts more influence on region A. Can I use REST-GCA even though it is a block design?

Thanks very much for your help!

Isabelle

Hi Isabelle

Rest-gca was designed to perform gca on resting state data in principle, but you can also use it for task data. There are several suggestions before you use it.

Before you wanna perform gca, you might need an additional preprocessing to get rid of the 'blocks'. Here is one of a recently published paper describing the method:
 2014 Jan 1;84:888-900.

Test-retest reliability of fMRI-based graph theoretical properties during working memory, emotion processing, and resting state.

But this method can only provide you the general task signal which means you can't perform condition-specific GCA later on. If you do want to have condition-specific effective connectivity, the best choice might be the dynamic causal modelling.

Error | Forum of resting-state fMRI

Error

The website encountered an unexpected error. Please try again later.