Mistakes of citation in some of my papers

Dear friends,

When I am preparing my presentation for the upcoming conference in Milwaukee, I found that I did not cite a few important papers in my previous papers. I am indicating the facts and my apologies below.

1)      In my regional homogeneity (ReHo) paper (Zang et al., 2010, NeuroImage), I should cite the COSLOF method by Dr. Shi-jiang Li and his colleagues (Li et al., 2002, Radiology). Dr. Li and his colleagues proposed COSLOF to measure the synchronization of low frequency fluctuations of BOLD signal. To be honestly, I did not fully understand the COSLOF method at that time. Here, I apologize for my mistakes to Dr. Li and his co-authors.
2)      The important point of my ReHo paper (Zang et al., 2004, NeuroImage) should be resting-state fMRI. However, I found that I even did not cite the pioneer work by Dr. Bharat Biswal and his colleagues (Biswal et al., 1995, Magn Reson Med) as well as a few other early resting-state fMRI papers (e.g., Biswal et al., 1997, J Cereb Blood Flow Metab; Biswal et al., 1997, NMR Biomed; Lowe et al., 1998, NeuroImage; Smith et al., 1999, Neuroimage; Xiong et al., 1999, Hum Brain Mapp; Cordes et al., 2000, AJNR Am J Neuroradiol; Kiviniemi et al., 2000, Magn Reson Med; Li et al., 2000, Magn Reson Med). Now I do not remember why we did not cite these resting-state fMRI papers. One possible reason is that I focused on methods for activation defection and that I did not understand the importance of resting-state fMRI at that time. Here, I apologize for my mistakes to all these pioneering scientists in resting-state fMRI studies.
3)      I searched regional homogeneity a few days ago and found that this term has been used to measure the local abnormality in as early as 2002 (Volkow et al., 2002, Psychiatry Res). I should have found and cited this paper in my work of 2004. Here, I apologize for my mistakes to Dr. Volkow and her co-authors.
4)      Our paper of An improved approach to detection of amplitude of low-frequency fluctuation (ALFF) for resting-state fMRI: fractional ALFFshould cite the work by Schroeter and colleagues (2004, NeuroImage). When we prepared our paper of fALFF, we should not have focused only on fMRI studies. When I visited Leipzig last year, I got some interesting papers by Schroeter and his colleagues. But I apologize that I had just read their fMRI papers until recently. A few days ago when I read their fNIRS paper, I found that the normalization procedure of ALFF has been proposed by Schroeter and his colleagues in their fNIRS paper (2004, NeuroImage). Here, I apologize for my mistakes to Dr. Schroeter and his co-authors. By the way, the measure ALFF is the same as the root mean square (rms) (Biswal et al., 1995, Magn Reson Med). Frankly, I did not fully understand the rms at that time. In a word, the measures of ALFF and fALFF are nothing new.

I sent my apologies to the authors (first and corresponding authors) by email. I will indicate the facts and my apologies if I have a chance to write a review in the future. I am afraid there will be other mistakes in my papers. Please let me know when you find any mistake in my papers. Thank you very much.

Please forgive me for my potential English errors because my English is not good enough to write a formal letter.

Yours sincerely,

ZANG Yu-Feng