Subscript indices must either be real positive integers or logicals.

Hi again,
When I try to run the analysis on REST using the functional connectivity tab, I get the following error message. Does anyone know what indices the message is referring to? My header and img files have this label: 20101118_1621541BlankCTRLs003a001_120.img (or hdr).
Thank you very much.
Yoon-Hee

Exception occured. (MATLAB:badsubscript)
Subscript indices must either be real positive integers or logicals.
18#line, rest_to4d, in "/Applications/spm8/toolbox/REST/rest_to4d.m"
23#line, rest_detrend, in "/Applications/spm8/toolbox/REST/rest_detrend.m"
1173#line, Detrend, in "/Applications/spm8/toolbox/REST/fc_gui.m"
1281#line, btnComputeFC_Callback, in "/Applications/spm8/toolbox/REST/fc_gui.m"
96#line, gui_mainfcn, in "/Applications/MATLAB_R2009b.app/toolbox/matlab/guide/gui_mainfcn.m"
37#line, fc_gui, in "/Applications/spm8/toolbox/REST/fc_gui.m"

Hi!
Do you mean your file name is 20101118_1621541 CTRLs003a001_120.img (or hdr)?
Could you delete the blanks first?

Thanks for your post. There are no blanks in the name of the file. The "Blank" in my file name is actually to indicate that the subject was looking at a blank screen. Thank you.
Yoon-Hee

Hi, I propose you could give it a try on other linux.

On the MacOSX, Would you text "dir" on the Matlab command line under the data directory and paste the output (only the first three lines) to the forum? Maybe it will help us find the potential reasons.

Thank you for this suggestion.
Here are the first three lines starting from the left column. As you can see, I had tried another resting state analysis program through spm that did not work well (poor segmentation and alignment). Thank you.
Yoon-Hee

>> dir

. Volumes
.. bin
.DS_Store conn_setup_wizard_job1.mat
.Spotlight-V100 conn_setup_wizard_job_setup.mat
.Trashes cores

I definitely get farther with REST using a Windows platform. I do get the FCMap and zFCMap as according to your methods document. I assume that I use the ___detrend_filtered files.
When I tried to view the data on SliceViewer, it initially said that my functional image needed to be resliced. So, I resliced, coregistered, and normalized the image to the spm T1.nii template. When I returned to load that image, it said that I needed the image_toolbox. Is this something that I need to purchase from Matlab? Or something provided by the REST program.
Thank you so much for your help. I am much farther with this with your help.
Yoon-Hee

Yes, the image toolbox is not free, it is a matlab extend toolbox, see more from http://www.mathworks.com/products/image/

If you do not want to purchase it, I propose you to use mricron, it is an open software to display fMRI images. see more from http://www.cabiatl.com/mricro/mricron/index.html