Regarding sensorimotor network

Dear experts,

I'm currently analyzing DMN (PCC/precuneus seed-based) using REST.
In addition, I want to analyze sensorimotor network in groups of subjects.
Is there a well-identified seed for this sensorimotor network?
If yes, please let me know the accurate MNI coordinates or the article that used this seed.

Thank you in advance for your kindness.

Kim

Hi!
I am not very sure for the sensorimotor MNI coordinates.

However, in one of excellent review: Zhang, D. and M. E. Raichle (2010). "Disease and the brain's dark energy." Nat Rev Neurol 6(1): 15-28. They showed some beautiful resting-state networks (including sensorimotor network). I think you can find some information you need there (or require the coordinates the authors used?).

Thanks for the valuable comment.
It would be of great hint to me.

By the way, do you (REST authors) have a plan for implementing ICA analysis in the REST ?
I found the REST is a very user-friendly and excellent analytic tool, and therefore I hope that ICA analysis would be included in addition to seed-based analysis.

Sincerely yours,
Kim

Hi!
In my opinion, REST will not implement its own ICA algorithm in the near future.

However, if you just want a convenient pipeline to get ICA results. I do have a plan to let users get ICA results by calling functions of GIFT in DPARSF. However, this is a long term plan. In the short term, I need to make it 1) Mac OS compatible, 2) .nii compatible, 3) utilizing DARTEL for normalization, 4) bugs fixing...

I hope to publish a release before 2012. :)

Thanks Yan..

I'm really looking forward to the new release you mentioned.

Additional questions here.
Dr. Zhang used Talairach 88 coordinates instead of MNI in their analyses.
How can I convert Tal 88 coords to MNI?
I'm also wondering about whether 'Talairach 88' system is different from the 'standard Talairach' system?

Sorry for bothering you again.

Best wishes,
Kim

Hi!
I guess Talairach 88 means "Talairach J, Tournoux P. 1988. Co-Planar Stereotaxic Atlas of the Human Brain: Thieme Medical Publishers, New York."

You can convert it to MNI space by REST Slice Viewer as the course mentioned.

However, they said a new program may be much better. We may employ it in the future. Please refer to www.brainmap.org/icbm2tal/

Best,

Chao-Gan