Help with understanding output files

Hi all,

I am exploring REST toolbox for analysing some data. I used the Functional Connectivity button on the REST GUI and entered the coordinates of one ROI and followed other instructions on the manual. The processing completed and I received following outputs.
1 txt file with prefix ROI_FCMap_
2 pairs of img and hdr files with prefix FCMap_ and zFCMap_
1 nii file with prefix fFCMap_

Can you please elaborate what these files represent? The txt file seems like p values of correlations. But I am not sure.

Thanks,
Asma Hanif

Hi, you are doing "voxel-wise" functional connectivity with REST, right?

1 txt file with prefix ROI_FCMap_
---This is the time course of your seed regions
2 pairs of img and hdr files with prefix FCMap_ and zFCMap_
---FCMap_ means the Pearson's correlation coefficients between the seed time course and each voxel.
---zFCMap_ means the previous Pearson's correlation coefficients converted to z value by Fisher's r-to-z transformation.
1 nii file with prefix fFCMap_
---Where did you get it? REST will not generate this file.

For more detailed explanation for the outputs, please refer to restfmri.net/forum/course

Thanks! But when I tried to open the 2 pairs of image and header file in MRIcron (showed up as default application) I couldn't find any correlation coefficients, instead it opens as a very low frequency brain image. Any ideas what the problem might be?

Thanks,
Asma Hanif

Thanks! But when I tried to open the 2 pairs of image and header file in MRIcron (showed up as default application) I couldn't find any correlation coefficients, instead it opens as a very low frequency brain image. Any ideas what the problem might be?

Thanks,
Asma Hanif

Please refer to restfmri.net/forum/course Part II to get some idea of view the results by REST Slice Viewer.
Each voxel is a correlation coefficient.