Resting-state fMRI topics

about the resting state fmri workshop

刚看了workshop的介绍,非常好的内容,包括了fMRI, EEG, DTI; ICA, functional connectivity; psychiatric disorder etc. 而且邀请到了biswal和kiviniemi两位专家,一位是先驱,一位是fast ICA专家 (biswal的英语口音比较难懂,大家做好心理准备 :)....

可惜我4月没有时间去听讲座。可能很多有兴趣的人也有种种原因不能前去。请问组织者能否在会后提供讲座ppt/pdf下载?或者会议录像下载?

谢谢 

静息态功能磁共振影像系列学术报告第二轮通知

静息态功能磁共振影像系列学术报告第二轮通知

静息态功能磁共振影像系列学术报告拟于2009456日在北京师范大学召开,旨在推进静息态功能磁共振影像研究的开展,提高科研人员对静息态功能磁共振的研究兴趣,通过交流的方式增强大家对于静息态功能磁共振的理解,并推动静息态功能磁共振在认知和疾病中的应用研究。

Phuong Hoa's question about functional connectivity with task-related data

Dear Dr. YAN Chao-Gan,

My name is Phuong Hoa, I am studying in Korea. I found your REST toolkit and I am interested in it.

Now I try to measure the functional connectivity from fMRI data with task-related (visual and motor stimuli).

I used ROI-wise with AAL template, but I saw all the correlation coefficient in the result is very high.

Does REST can analyze this kind of data? (Because I wonder REST is for resting-state analysis).

Best regards,
Phuong Hoa

Bandpass filtering

Hi,

I'm trying to use the rest_bandpass function in your toolkit, but I can't get it to read my data. Specifically, I get the error message below. If I try to use the GUI, I get an error dialog saying "There is no data or non-data files in this directory".

I get the same message for different datatsets. I have made sure that only the volumes and not other files are in that directory. I can use the image files with no problems using other analysis packages.

Thanks for your help,

Alex

Gitelman's question about how REST analyzes covariables

Dear SONG Xiao-Wei and YAN Chao-Gan:

Thank you for making REST fmri analysis software available. It has
been very helpful in my analyses.
I have a question about how the software analyzes covariables.

I notice that you add both a linear and a mean regressor to the
covariable matrix.
I understand why you add the mean, but why is the linear regressor also added?
Wouldn't this have been taken care of by detrending the data?

thank you,
-----
Darren Gitelman

Taxonomy upgrade extras: 

Re: "sunshine"'s question: spatially smoothing before or after ReHo

In a few earlier studies, spatilly smoothing was performed before ReHo analysis. However, Mr. LONG Xiang-Yu found that, for some voxels, the ReHo value is very high because spatially smoothing certainly increase the local similarity. That is why we now recommend to perform spatially smoothing after ReHo calculation. Please note that we are not sure which is "better" for group level analysis, especially between-group studies. I suggest you can compare the results. 

求助

我看了一篇关于resting的文章,上面有这么一段话:After slice acquisition correction and head motion correction, the fMRI was normalized to the standard SPM2 echoplanar imaging template, re-sampled to 3-mm cubic voxels, and then  spatially smoothed with a Gaussian kernel of 4* 4*4mm3 full-width at half-maximum. The resulting fMRI data were temporally band-pass filtered (0.01~o0.08 Hz) to reduce the low-frequency drift and physiological highfrequency respiratory and cardiac noise [1] for further ReH

SLICE VIEWER

Hi All, 

I am a new REST toolkit user,

I would like to know which images I should use in the slice viewers windows  (UNDERLAY-OVERLAY), in order to highlight activation. 

I have uploaded structural and ReHo map but matlab gives and illegal image error message.

Best Regards

S