March 2009

Two extra seminars (afternoon, April 6) after the RS-fMRI symposium

From 14:00, April 6th

The meeting room, 2nd floor, Brain Imaging Center, Beijing Normal University

Rest-State fMRI: From Default Mode Network to Cognitive Network
Jen-Chuen Hsieh (謝仁俊), MD, PhD
Professor and Director, Institite of Brain Science, Yang-Ming University, and Director of Brain Center, VA Hospital, Taipei

Granger Causality: Inferring direction of neural interaction
Xue Wang (王雪), PhD,
Clinical Research Associate

Erratum: Scanning parameters of RS-fMRI for 3T SIEMENS

I am sorry that in the following parameters, I made a type error. The thickness/gap should be 3.5/0.7 mm. If you have used 3.5/0.6, it OK.
Please note that an FOV of 200*200 is sometimes small.

The following parameters are what we are using on a SIEMENS 3T trio scanner. 33 axial slices, thickness/gap = 3.5/0.6 mm, in-plane resolution = 64 × 64, TR = 2000 ms, TE = 30 ms, flip angle = 90, FOV = 200 × 200 mm, volumes = 240 (480 s). I strongly recommend that the RS-fMRI session is placed before the task sessions.

about the resting state fmri workshop

刚看了workshop的介绍,非常好的内容,包括了fMRI, EEG, DTI; ICA, functional connectivity; psychiatric disorder etc. 而且邀请到了biswal和kiviniemi两位专家,一位是先驱,一位是fast ICA专家 (biswal的英语口音比较难懂,大家做好心理准备 :)....

可惜我4月没有时间去听讲座。可能很多有兴趣的人也有种种原因不能前去。请问组织者能否在会后提供讲座ppt/pdf下载?或者会议录像下载?

谢谢 

静息态功能磁共振影像系列学术报告第二轮通知

静息态功能磁共振影像系列学术报告第二轮通知

静息态功能磁共振影像系列学术报告拟于2009456日在北京师范大学召开,旨在推进静息态功能磁共振影像研究的开展,提高科研人员对静息态功能磁共振的研究兴趣,通过交流的方式增强大家对于静息态功能磁共振的理解,并推动静息态功能磁共振在认知和疾病中的应用研究。

Phuong Hoa's question about functional connectivity with task-related data

Dear Dr. YAN Chao-Gan,

My name is Phuong Hoa, I am studying in Korea. I found your REST toolkit and I am interested in it.

Now I try to measure the functional connectivity from fMRI data with task-related (visual and motor stimuli).

I used ROI-wise with AAL template, but I saw all the correlation coefficient in the result is very high.

Does REST can analyze this kind of data? (Because I wonder REST is for resting-state analysis).

Best regards,
Phuong Hoa

Bandpass filtering

Hi,

I'm trying to use the rest_bandpass function in your toolkit, but I can't get it to read my data. Specifically, I get the error message below. If I try to use the GUI, I get an error dialog saying "There is no data or non-data files in this directory".

I get the same message for different datatsets. I have made sure that only the volumes and not other files are in that directory. I can use the image files with no problems using other analysis packages.

Thanks for your help,

Alex

Gitelman's question about how REST analyzes covariables

Dear SONG Xiao-Wei and YAN Chao-Gan:

Thank you for making REST fmri analysis software available. It has
been very helpful in my analyses.
I have a question about how the software analyzes covariables.

I notice that you add both a linear and a mean regressor to the
covariable matrix.
I understand why you add the mean, but why is the linear regressor also added?
Wouldn't this have been taken care of by detrending the data?

thank you,
-----
Darren Gitelman

Taxonomy upgrade extras: 
Error | Forum of resting-state fMRI

Error

The website encountered an unexpected error. Please try again later.