question about the result of functional connectivity

hello.  I am using the REST program and had a quick question.  I am trying to use the functional connectivity aspect of the program and had a quick question on what it gives me as a result.  I am using the voxel wise function and I am masking a certain region and trying to calculate connectivity between that region and other regions in the brain.  I got the program to work I just am not sure exactly what the colors mean that the result gives me.  Does a lighter color mean that that area is the most similar to my region of interest.  Does it mean that it is more ac

Taxonomy upgrade extras: 

ROI Regressor calculation using Taylor series

dear rest-team,

I am interested into the adaptation of the time course calculation of different ROI regressors in REST in the following way:
For the reason of small correction of time-shifts the idea is to differentiate the time courses, similar to the idea of taylor series:
               f(t)=f(t=0)+ df/dt I(t=0) + d^2f/d^2t I(t=0)+...

Any feedback towards this idea and its potential implementation possibilities in REST would be highly appreciated,

method about REST

i am just reading a review :Default-mode brain dysfunction in mental disorders: A systematic review.  in this article the REST software is mentioned as a methods and measurement models to investigate the DMN.it is said:
  "The assessment of resting brain networks using the BOLD
response may be achieved through a number of methods. Two of
which, region-of-interest (ROI) seed-based correlation approaches
and ICA, are most commonly employed in the literature."

报告信息[浙江大学·浙江杭州]

9月5号14点-15:30  浙江大学物理楼(具体地点待定,请关注www.restfmri.net或物理楼下的海报)

臧玉峰 医学博士   浙江大学理学院兼职教授,

北京师范大学认知神经科学与学习国家重点实验室教授
题目: 静息态fMRI:计算方法及其在脑疾病与认知神经科学的应用概述

赵小虎 医学博士 同济大学附属同济医院放射科 副主任医师

题目:静息态fMRI在AD的研究进展

欢迎各位有兴趣的朋友届时参加交流讨论。

Fwd: What's new for '+"resting" +"fMRI"' in PubMed

This message contains My NCBI what's new results from the
National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI)
at the U.S. National Library of Medicine (NLM).

Do not reply directly to this message.

Sender's message: Check Notes

Taxonomy upgrade extras: 

Fix the error of reading and writing NIfTI images in REST on multiple OS (especially 64 bit linux)

Since the module of reading and writing NIfTI images in REST is based on some spm compiled files, you may encounter the problem of “Error using ==> rest_WriteNiftiImage at 92” if you use the most recent OS.

Please do the following steps to fix this problem:
1. Please install SPM5 (or above release) and compile the mex files correctly according to http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/SPM/Installation_on_64bit_Linux.
2. Please install the latest release of REST.
3. Run the function: REST_Fix_Read_Write_Error. Please click here to download it!

resting state fMRI protocol at 3T and 7T

Hi there,

I am trying to setup a resting-state fMRI protocol to run in scanners of 3T and 7T with dementia patients, but I have not experience with BOLD sequences. I was wondering if anybody could help me to choose the best acquisition parameters for this purpose.

Thank you very much in advance.

Best regards,
Jose

配准

我想把一个非MRI图像配准到标准脑上进行统计分析,就比如是reho图像,因为在标准脑上做了感兴趣区的模板,所以想配准。我先用3D像配准到标准脑上得到配准参数,利用这个参数将reho图像配准到标准脑上,最后在MATLAB中读取数据时出现了很多的NaN,不知道怎么处理。希望得到各位老师和师兄们的帮助。

the problem when i use the Functional connectivity

when i use the Functional connectivity to analysis a patient's data,i meet a problem ,I think i  finish the programme as suggested in the video,but after i typing the DONE ALL,there is an error jumping out:

Expection occured:
Error using==>rest_Writeniftilmage at 92 Meet error while writing the data,

i do not know what that mean,hope can be told as soon as possible.thanks.

Error | Forum of resting-state fMRI

Error

The website encountered an unexpected error. Please try again later.